Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm drop dead squeaky

Today I was wearing noisy trousers.  I haven't worn them for ages, because when I walk they make such a loud swishing noise.  In a quiet office space, it's quite unnerving.  But I do like the way they look and feel, so I pulled them out of the wardrobe today and decided to don them.  Swish swish swish.  I apologised to my office manager that my trousers were so noisy when I walked past her.  She laughed and said, "I know what you mean!"  I find that in these trousers I walk awkwardly in quiet place, as though I've got an invisible melon between my thighs - so they don't swish.

I also have noisy shoes that squeak every time I stepped on them.  My ex-colleague, Margie Hurdle, will confirm this.  They too embarass me when I wander through a quiet office space, and they too are now relegated to the unused portion of my wardrobe.

Some people draw attention because of their drop-dead looks.  I'm a different sort of a person - I draw attention (in quiet places) because of my squeaks and sounds.

Mind you, JJHiggins75 says noisy trousers are a helluva lot better than a squeaky seat that sounds like a fart every time you move.

On a different note, I got asked out on a date today.  Ooooooh.....  Watch this space.....

I also came up with an idea for a business.  But I can't tell you what it is because you might steal the idea and then I'd sue you and they'd make a movie about us and it wouldn't paint a pretty picture of you and you'd have to start some philathropistic venture to try to regain some face...  Still, I guess that would be a good thing, in the long run, for the beneficiaries of your philanthropy....

Thank you to my small number of darling followers!  I love writing for you : )

No comments:

Post a Comment