On Wednesday I upped my offer for that property I wanted, but still hadn't found an opportunity to use the phrase "by and by."
Wednesday night I got a ferry after work to Old Cremorne Point. A little ferry - not like the Manly ferry. It's a lovely part of the world, which I wandered through to my friend Megan's place where we had dinner and did meditation and stuff with a bunch of people. Om diddley Om.
Thursday I very nearly finished a big project at work - a submission to a parliamentary inquiry which could have a disastrous effect on our industry if it doesn't go our way. I also found out that I didn't get the property I was offering on, and breathed a big sigh of relief. Not because I didn't want the property, but because the whole process of being played off against another bidder by the estate agent was doing my head in (hence the need for Om on Wednesday night). It's funny how every time the agent called me to tell me that I was no longer the front-runner he said, "I just though I'd give you a courtesy call to let you know." Courtesy-shmertosy. Face it dude, it's just your job to totally keep people in the dark and stress the hell out of them. I wonder why the agency is called Richardson and Wrench, rather than Richardson and Wretch. Or even Richardson and Retch.
Thursday night I had the immense pleasure of JJHiggins75's company at a movie called "Another Year" at the Chauvel in Paddington. Unfortunately he made me pay for the movie tickets AND the popcorn. Where's chivalry these days, I ask you JJHiggins75?? The movie was excellent but melancholy and I'm trying to avoid violence and melancholy in movies and books because they don't make me feel good and so why bother? However, unfortunately there are not a lot of movies out there in the "feel good" genrea that aren't shite.
After the movie we had delicious steamed dumplings and san chau bau at Fu Manchu: http://www.fumanchu.com.au/ It was a perfectly combined meal except for the sugary grapefruit drink. And I made JJHiggins75 pay for the meal so he could learn some chivalry. He has to star a bit in this blog post because he will read it and I think he's the sort of guy who loves to read about himself.
Friday I finished the big project at work and got a round of applause from my office of 7 staff. Aw shucks. I started to behave like an idiot at that point because I was somewhat caught off guard by the unheralded applause. I guess I shoulda just stood and given a bow, rather than developing a slight nervous tick and giving a crooked smile. I'll remember that for next time. I'm sure there'll be a next time. It's quite an applauding little office.
Had a lovely swim at Fairlight beach when I got home after work - the water was warmish but murky with leaves and other earthly shrapnel. I still feel nice and cool from it though, 3 hours later.
And tomorrow I go house hunting again... Ugh. But right now I'm enjoying the ocean breeze and will soon lull myself to a well-needed sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....
No comments:
Post a Comment