Hello blog world!
I'm sitting in my lounge room sweating. All over. It's a heat wave in Sydney this weekend and there's not even a cool ocean breeze... I went for a swim yesterday and didn't even feel cool in the water after the first 5 minutes of being in there... Although floating on my back was good to make my head feel cooler.
I spent most of yesterday with mum and dad at their place. Fortunately they have aircon. And they are also more liberal with 'treats' now than they were when I was a kid. We had dad's home-baked muffins for afternoon tea (he's become quite the cook in his retirement and is always trying new recipes) and I also had some mint slice biscuits which are daggy but I love them. Then for dessert after dinner we had pavlova. Then chocolate for supper... So I felt quite spoilt and mum gave me lots of hugs to commiserate with me about how hard it is to find affordable property in Sydney. I'm nearly 40 and I still need hugs from me mum!
Mum tells a story of me when I was 2 in Canada. She and dad would go cross-country skiing and leave me and my sisters in a creche type cabin. Apparently whenever I saw mum skiing by the cabin I'd shout out to her, "mummy, I need a cuddle!" So she'd have to keep taking all her ski gear off to come inside to give me a cuddle. Ah, mums are great, eh?! Thanks mum!
Now, I'm off for a dip in the sea...
No comments:
Post a Comment