Tonight I'm lying in bed and the clouds are moving across the sky like a fluffy white river. No kidding - they're covering the sky and literally moving that fast. I happen to know what the clouds are doing because I've taken to sleeping with my blinds open. I read somewhere that plants need moonlight to grow, as well as sunlight. Not sure how true this is, but it sounds nice so I'm willing to believe it. So I try to let some moonlight in on my Secret Santa pot plant.
I used to dislike the idea of Secret Santa, because it generally involved junky plastic that I didn't need or want, which ended up in the charity bin. I didn't like the unnecessary waste and was quite happy with no present. But these days, I seem to get really good Secret Santa pressies (though, invariably, Santa becomes unsecret).
So I happened upon a lovely pot plant from Unsecret Rosemary at Christmas, which sits on the orange draws beside my bed. I tend to it with words and kisses as well as water and moonlight. And tonight I'm lying in bed watching the fluffy white cloud river and I can't sleep so I may as well get to some writing.
On Friday my work had a "pre-Australia Day" barbecue lunch in Bronte Park. Any excuse for a social gathering. I had a small steak and then two sausages, and the sausages were so good that I decided not to be a vegetarian.
My boss's daughter is a chef, so she knows where to buy all the best foodstuffs. Food that stuffs into my tummy. Sausages that are to die for (well, yes, unfortunately the lamb/pig/cow did die for it...). So I'm not sure where this leaves me with my idea of giving up on meat, or meat that's not organic/free range... I figure that one day I'll get more organised to bring my own organic sausages to a work barbie. Somehow life is too busy to be organised about these things all the time...
On Saturday I spent some time in a second-hand bookshop, and bought a book called 'Room.' It was one of those books with a review quoted on it, saying "you will want to read this book in one sitting..." And I thought, "Yeah yeah, how many times have reviewers said that? I wish they would think of original ways to give a good review - who can enjoy reading a book in one sitting anyway?" But, as it happens, the reviewer was spot on. I pretty much read it all in one sitting. Well, actually in the space of 24 hours - a sitting with some sleeping in between... And also the sewing of a monkey toy for BP and Grig's baby. I guess that fails the "one sitting" test, afterall....
Anyway, I didn't give the monkey a tail because the tail was too hard and fiddley. It is nonetheless a very cute toy, but I can't please you with a picture because it has to be a surprise for BP and Grig when I meet bub.
Ah well, nighty night for now then! Have a happy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment