I LOVE weekends. Weekends in Fairlight are a whole other world from the weekday trips to work. When you live so close to the water and the sun is shining (mostly), it is so easy to feel like you are on holidays. It helped that my friend Swacey was in town and came to play with me here and made me laugh with her stories about life in 'the country.'
Today when she left, I got all creative with COOKING. Now that I am trying this food-combining, I have to be extra creative with what I eat or I'd crawl into a hole and die (or, perhaps less drastic, I may just eat what I've always eaten). So for lunch I made a salad, but it was no ordinary salad. It had rocket and baby spinach, a handful of parsley, a handful of fresh coriander, toasted seeds, smoked salmon and lemon juice. It was delish and so simple and TOTALLY well combined (ie, you're not supposed to eat fish with rice or pasta - but when Rani puts her fish curry + rice in front of me, I will eat it come what may). Then for dinner I made a salad, but it was no ordinary salad. It had baked potato/sweet potato/pumpkin, corn kernels fresh of the cob, peas and beans, toasted seeds, and handfuls of parsley and fresh coriander. It was delish and so simple and TOTALLY well combined (deja vu?).
Is it boring hearing about salads? I've no idea!
And I must mention the speaker-phone conversation I had with Marlo down by the water at sundown this evening, not only because she's a gem and it was lovely to hear her voice, but also so I can share this photo that I took mid-conversation:
![]() |
| iPhone reflection near North Harbour Reserve |
I hope yous have a good week n stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment