This weekend I got to fly to Melbourne as I had a Monday morning meeting there. So I got to hang out with Mellie on Sunday and eat delish vego pizza in the botanical rose garden.
| Mellie in rose garden at St Kilda |
| Cat in sun at Mellie's place |
I'm also really enjoying the people I work with, now that I've settled in and come out of my shell a bit. I smile on the inside when I talk to them (and on the outside, too, often). It's nice working in a small, non-profit office. And while there's things about my work that occasionally make me cringe or pull my hair out, that's quite normal and all up it's great.
Many many years ago a friend related a story about a holy woman that she met by a lake in Guatemala. This holy woman had said that we all need to be more thankful for what we've got. I think this must be true. So since then, I try to make a habit of noticing things to be thankful for. Today, as well as the general contentment of enjoying my work, these were some of the things on my list:
- School kids who say "thank you, driver" when they step off the bus.
- Deciding to skip my meditation this morning and get the 7:30am ferry - only to arrive at work just in time for the 8:30am meeting that I had forgotten about.
- People like Vijay who have full hearts and wise thoughts.
- Buying my ticket to Morocco in June.
- The music of "The National".
- A little boy in a Spiderman suit jumping around under a tree.
- Going to the loo when you're busting after too much tulsi tea.
- Loving an ugly old dog on the inside.
- Eating salty mixed nuts on the ferry.
- The holiday feeling of riding on the deck of a ferry.
- Saying a peace chant in my head when I see someone who seems to be sad.
- Friendly flatties.
- Two months' worth of rent-free DVDs.
- Frozen peas.
I hope you can also spend some time being thankful for things, because I think it's good for the world when we do that : )
No comments:
Post a Comment