Friday, December 17, 2010

Waves and silver

Guten morgen!

Today we have our work Christmas party...  We're going to a classy restaurant in Rose Bay: http://www.pierrestaurant.com.au/  So stuffing myself with seafood is my main interest today.  I love working for the private sector!

I recently read a card that asked two questions of me:

  1. What do I want to do next?  My answer: Swim in the ocean of life.
  2. What is my heart's true desire?  My answer: To be free to be myself.
I'm lucky that the basic necessities of life are not on my list of needs or wants...  So I turn to indulgence in what life has to offer, with the swells and troughs of its waves, and sometimes moments of calm.

I love capturing shapes and reflections of interesting things...  Here are a couple of icons I see just about every day:


Shapes of Sydney Opera House

Finding the Harbour Bridge in unexpected places

And I will leave you with a quote to carry with you on your weekend:

"A situation only becomes a problem when you interpret it in the wrong way." - Amma

I think that's another way of saying "look for the silver lining".  I believe that there always is a silver lining, even if we don't know what it is.  The beauty is to look for it, perhaps even finding it in unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment